2018 GMC Savana Extended
GMC Savana is an old fashioned vehicle but perfect for working and precisely made to full fill the purpose. There are not many features present and did not have attractive design either; everything it has is the power that is the compulsory requirement for running a transport business, it is a perfect work oriented vehicle.
Design Dynamics of Savana:
Savana is a solid option if you are not interested in advance features & attractive design but a powerful vehicle; it has simple exterior and interior. All the savana’s looks similar from exterior & interior there is not much difference among the trims, Halogen Headlamps, steel wheels and standard roof height is standard in all the trims. Just like its exterior there are not many features inside; have manual gauges, buttons and even did not have infotainment screen inside but an important thing that you can expect from Savana is the reliability.
Engine & Power:
The best of the Savana is the availability of different engine options;
- 4.3 Liter V6 that produces 276 Horse power with 404nm@3900rpm of torque
- 4.6 liter V8 that produces 285 Horse power with 296nm@6000rpm of torque
- 6.0 Liter V8 gasoline engine that produces 329 horse power with 373 Lbft Torque
- Turbo 6.0 liter V8 diesel engine that produces 260 horse power with 525 lbft Torque
This two seated full size van is available with 2 different loading options; 2500 series and 3500 series from 135 inches standard wheel base to 155 inches extended wheel base. Fully equipped savanas both 2500 and 3500 have maximum towing capacity of 10,000 pound while payload capacity ranges from 3000 to 4000 pounds.
Driving the savana didn’t gives you much pleasing experience, it handles much like a truck, not nimble but strong and powerful engines keep it moving without fuss. Eight speed automatic electronically controlled transmission is smooth and shifts nicely.
Comfort & Safety:
GMC Savana is excellent for hauling and towing because of its powerful engines but this 2 seated full size van is not comfortable enough; Leg room on the front seats is restricted which is annoying, as well no power adjusting and lumbar support available in Savana.
Not much but still better in safety than other areas of the vehicle;
Stability control, antilock brakes, front seats front & side curtain, rear view camera & rear parking sensors are standard in all the trims of savana while Onstar communications are available as optional.
- Powerful engine with different options
- Better hauling and Towing Capacity
- Standard roof height available only
- Absence of touch screen, navigation, android- apple car play and many other features
- Not much comfortable, absence of comfort features
- Old styled interior, exterior design
- Ford Transit
- Mercedes Benz Sprinter