Jeep Compass 2018
Affordable compact SUV with nice interior and off-roading capabilities defines the Jeep Compass 2018. The Jeep Compass 2018 was announced in 2016, during Los Angeles Auto show where it replaced the previous model Patriot from Jeep. The Compass has ever since been in production to the day. Compass 2018 is a pocket-friendly budget crossover SUV for your daily drive. It comes with the lowest price tag among the competitions with handful of options. The Jeep Compass has decent off-roading capabilities along with a pleasant interior although it is a budget SUV. However when the price goes down there are some compromises that you have to commit in order to save couple thousands of dollar. Therefore the Jeep is blamed to have less cargo space as compared to competitors along with being sluggish in performance thus underpowered driving. However the price completely makes up for it with such good finishes in the interior.
Engine & Power:
Jeep Compass 2018 has got a 2.4L I4 engine powered by Gasoline. The 4-cylinder engine gives the answer of just about average performance however it accounts to greater mpg of 23/32 mpg local/highway. (9.7/13.6 kml) in FWD. The figure reduces to 22/31 mpg in case of AWD version. With a 175-lb-ft of torque the wheels produce about 180hp. As for the transmission it comes in 9-speed automatic transmission which is another factor that accounts for sluggish performance of the vehicle.
With a cargo space of 27.2 cubic feet behind the rear seats the Jeep Compass comes with 5 persons seating capacity. That means only row seating in the rear due to being crossover SUV. The interior of Compass is sleek giving looks of expensive interior in black color. The 2018 model has many improved interior materials along with safety features added to it. The center of dashboard is fitted with 8.4 inches infotainment system along with uconnect featuring voice control. It comes with Beats Audio system attached with 506-watt Amplifier. List of other buttons include drive mode, engine start-stop, traction control, climate control etc. The arrest of Compass can hold a large cellphone or small camera. The two cup holders are anti-tip so cups with handle can fit-in properly too. Glove box under the dashboard is spacious enough to hold your stuff. The door pockets are decently sized as well. The front seats are cushion styled whereas the cabin has plenty of headroom and legroom for a crossover SUV.
When it comes to overall driving experience of Jeep Compass 2018 it can be sub-categorized in these components.
The suspension is decently made thus the chassis is stiff. The off-road friendly tires make handling a little hard especially on curvy roads.
The steering behaves well on low speeds along with outputting just right amount of weight on high speeds. Thus steering pretty much feels good.
Quite honestly the acceleration is sluggish due to 9-speed automatic transmission. The Jeep Compass accelerates from 0-60 mph in 11 seconds.
The ABS brake does the job very well with pedals feeling right when pushing them down. At speed of 60mph it takes about 140ft to stop with its off-road tires. The whole braking mechanism is smooth and quiet.
Unless you push the pedals hard enough it doesn’t downshifts quickly. So either you have to drive it with a heavy foot or light foot, as the intermediate pedal pushing makes the process vexing.
Trim Levels in Jeep Compass:
Jeep Compass is offered in four trims accounting for different prices.
The base trim is called Sports. It comes with 16-inches wheels and all other standard options like rear view camera, remote keyless entry, heated side-view mirrors and push start.
Latitude trim upgrades the wheels to 17-inches adding vinyl seats with premium clothing, leather steering, AC vents along with automatic headlamps.
Limited trim further gets the upgraded 18-inches polished wheels of Aluminum with leather seats, two-toned roof, brightened roof rails and dual climate-control. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto is also onboard.
The most expensive trim is Trailhawk with 17-inches wheels, red tow hooks and off-road suspension along with other components for off-roading adventures.
All the trims comes with optional drivetrains of FWD (front-wheel-drive) or AWD (all-wheel-drive). However the Trailhawk only comes in 4WD (four-wheel-drive) due to its 4-by-4 configuration. Overall the Latitude trim is winner when it comes to choosing the trim for best worth of money. The Jeep Compass starts at $21,595 which goes up to $29,445 thus making all its variants at least $5000-$7000 cheaper than other competitors.
- Top speed 115 mph and 0 to 60 in 8.9 seconds
- Engine: 2.4L l4 Zero Evap M-Air with ESS
- Transmission: 6 speed Aisin F21-250 Gen 3 Auto
- 50-State Emissions
- Transmission with Auto stick sequential shift control
- Front wheel drive
- Engine oil cooler
- Block heater
- 500CCA Maintenance free battery with run down protection
- 160 Amp Alternator
- Towing with trailer sway control
- Gas pressurized shock absorbers
- Front and rear anti roll bats
- Electric power assist steering
- Stainless steel exhaust
- 4-wheel disc brakes with 4 wheel ABS-Brake assist-Hill hold control and electric parking brake
- Spare tire mobility kit
- Clear coat paint
- Body colored front bumper with black rub strip/fascia accent
- Body colored rear bumper
- Black body side cladding and black wheel well trim
- Body colored door handles
- Black rear window trim
- Body colored power heated side mirrors with manual folding
- Fixed rear window with fixed interval wiper and defroster
- Variable intermittent wipers
- Deep tinted glass
- Fully galvanized steel panels
- Lip spoiler
- Front license palate bracket
- Lift gate rear cargo access
- Tailgate/rear door lock included with power door locks
- Roof rack rails only
- Perimeter/approach lights
- Fully automatic aero-composite halogen daytime running headlamps with delay off
- Front fog lamps
- Cornering lights
- Radio: Uconnect 3 with 5” Display
- Radio with seek scan-clock-Aux audio input jack-steering wheel controls and voice activation
- 6 speakers
- Wireless streaming
- Integrated roof antenna
- Uconnect with Bluetooth wireless phone connectivity
- 2 LCD monitors in the front
- 6-way driver seat-inc: manual recline-height adjustment and fore/aft movement
- 6-way passenger seat-inc: manual recline-Height adjustment-Fore/aft movement and fold flat
- 60-40 folding bench front facing fold forward seatback rear seats
- Manual tilt/telescoping steering column
- Gauges-inc: speedometer-odometer-engine coolant temp-tachometer-trip odometer and trip computer
- Power rear windows and fixed 3rd row windows
- Voice recorder
- Leather/metal look steering wheel
- Front cup holder
- Rear cup holder
- Remote keyless entry with integrated key transmitter-illuminated entry-illuminated ignition switch and panic button
- Proximity key for doors and push button start
- Cruise control with steering wheel control
- Manual air conditioning
- HVAC-inc: under seat ducts and console ducts
- Illuminated glove box
- Driver foot rest
- Full cloth headliner
- Vinyl door trim insert
- Leather-metal look gear shift knob
- Interior trim-inc-Metal look instrument panel insert and metal look console insert
- Premium cloth/Vinyl bucket seats
- Day night rearview mirror
- Driver and passenger visor vanity mirrors with driver and passenger illumination
- Full floor console with covered storage-Mini overhead console and 2 12V DC power outlets
- Front map lights
- Fade to off interior lighting
- Full carpet floor covering-inc-carpet front and rear floor mats
- Carpet floor trim
- Cargo area concealed storage
- Cargo feature-inc: spare tire mobility kit
- Cargo space lights
- Drive/passenger and rear door bins
- Power 1st row window with driver and passenger 1-touch up down
- Delayed accessory power
- Power door locks with auto lock feature
- System monitor
- Trip computer
- Outside temp gauge
- Analog display
- Manual anti-whiplash adjustable front head restraints and manual adjustable rear head restraints
- Sliding anti-whiplash adjustable front head restraints and manual adjustable rear restraints
- 2 seatback storage pockets
- Engine immobilizer
- 2 12V DC power outlets
- Air filtration
- Electronic stability control (ESC) and Roll stability control (RSC)
- ABS and driveline traction control
- Side impact beams
- Dual stage driver and passenger seat mounted side airbags
- Tire specific low tire pressure warning
- Duals stage driver and passenger front airbags
- Curtain 1st and 2nd row airbags
- Airbag occupancy sensor
- Driver knee airbag
- Rear child safety locks
- Outboard front lap and shoulder safety belts-inc: rear center 3 point-Height adjusters and pretensioners
- ParkView Back up Camera
[RICH_REVIEWS_SHOW category=”page” num=”5″]