Nissan Leaf SV Hatchback 2017
Future is truly going to be great because electric vehicles surely made to give best and economical driving experience with environment friendliness. If you are looking for best suitable vehicle that give you most economical drive in and out of the city than you must go for Nissan LEAF 2017. According to Nissan this car being proved to give 90 percent satisfaction to their customers with 96 percent further recommendation, if it is so than this is just a glance of future vehicles. This Nissan Leaf was introduced in 2010 for USA and Japan; this is also called Nissan venucia e-30 in china. This is the first generation of Nissan leaf that is in market from 2011 to give environment friendly drive to customers.
This car has made aerodynamic that reduces air friction to give best speed and acceleration, as all we know that gasoline powered cars have more power than electric vehicles so does electric cars requires more aerodynamic body.
Front of vehicle is little different with lowered bonnet and nicely adjusted LED head lights just to make this car more aerodynamic. There is no grill present on front just a big logo in the middle as grill usually made for air entrance to make engine cool. Front bumper has fog lights and small air vents (to make better airflow while driving).
Side profile of vehicle has 17 inch aluminum alloy wheels in black and silver colors; more on side Nissan has intelligent key system that allows you to open the car if key is inside your pocket.
Rear side of vehicle has LED tail lights and Rear large roof spoiler and diffuser again for optimizing air flow. One last most noticeable thing is there are no exhaust pipes present as it is a fully electric vehicle by Nissan.
One thing is confirm; electric vehicles not made only eco friendly but user friendly as well that you will say after knowing about its interior. There has been used Bio Suede PET cloth trim that means cloth trim is made by reusable materials. Colors combination inside made so ergonomic that it gets your attention as well makes you feel more comfortable with its spacious interior.
There has been used hard touch plastic on dashboards and doors but still it look good with its overall appearance. It has 7 inch color display infotainment screen that gives you navigation and lets you integrate your mobile phone or computer using Nissan connect. Using Nissan connect you can perform following tasks wirelessly like activating charging, climate control activation, battery status, drive able distance learning and more importantly finding nearby charging stations. There are many other features related to its interior that you can find under features section.
Engine and Transmission:
This Nissan Leaf has been loaded with All Electric engine that uses 80KW AC synchronous motor to produces 107 horse power with 253 NM peak torque.
Top speed of vehicle is 93 miles per hour where it takes 10.4 seconds to reach 0-60 miles per hour. With fully charged 30 KW lithium ion batteries you can cover up distance of 155 miles. To make its fuel economy better there has been given four different modes of driving
- D Mode: This is best on motorway driving; gives you better acceleration.
- B Mode: This mode activates by gears shift change and allow vehicle to convert kinetic energy (produced by regenerative braking system) into electricity.
- Eco Mode: When activated it extends driving range and uses less energy with reduction of acceleration, air conditioning and heating.
- Eco-B Mode: Both Eco mode and B mode can use together to get better economy and smooth acceleration.
As there are four different driving modes available so does 3 different charging modes as well.
- Domestic mode: Can be use at home, office or any other public place, it allows you to charge 30 KW lion battery in 15 hours.
- Normal Mode: This mode allows you to charge vehicle in 5 and half hour.
- Quick mode: This mode charge up to 80 percent in 30 mints on charging stations.
This car has given single speed reducer automatic tranmission.
Front seats of vehicle are heated with six ways manual and four way lumbar support. Rear seats are comfortable as well with enough leg and head room. Front and rear seats have center arm rest to make their customers more satisfied. There is no dual Zone climate control present in vehicle but simple automatic air conditioning.
- Electronic stability control (ESC)
- ABS traction control
- Side impact beams
- Dual stage driver and passenger seat mounted side airbags
- Low tire pressure warning
- Dual stage driver and passenger front airbags
- Curtain 1st and 2nd row airbags
- Airbag occupancy sensor
- Rear child safety locks
- Outboard front lap and shoulder safety belts-inc: rear center 3 point-height adjusters and pretensioners
- Rear View monitor back up camera
Price of Nissan Leaf 2017 in USA = 35,085 $