Subaru Forester 2017
Subaru forester is an adventurous sport utility vehicle that is compact & comfortable at the same time. Subaru Company is known to be a one of the best compact sport utility vehicle producer and same is here with forester that is designed to do many things in addition to daily routine works. Complete specifications and features of vehicle are given but it is important to know some of its positive and negative aspects that define overall vehicle.
What is good in Subaru forester?
- Subaru Company is known for its best continuous variable transmission and this vehicle is available with manual & CVT transmissions give you choice to prefer (CVT gives better fuel economy than Manual).
- Subaru forester with 2.5 liter engine give nice fuel economy that is about 23 miles per gallon in city while 32 miles per gallon on highway.
- It has good acceleration that is suitable for snowy areas with its four wheel drive system.
- It has huge interior space and by folding the rear seats you can add lot of stuff without worrying and keeping things organized.
- As this vehicle suspensions are not performance suspensions but it still gives you comfortable ride on rough roads.
- Again because of its high ground clearance it is more favorable for off roading and if 2.5 liter engine didn’t give you sporty feeling you can have 2.0 turbo engine that is optional in this vehicle.
What does Subaru Forester lack?
- If you don’t need performance than its ok for daily works but if you are looking for performance than this vehicle with 2.5 liter engine is not the best choice.
- Display screen between the gauges is not that best and also didn’t give you best graphics, it still need lot of work to improve.
- Interior of vehicle has been upgraded in 2017 and also better from previous year but it still feel old like 2005-2006, all this because lot of plastic that make it feel little cheaper.
What is new in Subaru forester 2017?
- Forester 2017 has so many changes that include.
- Revised front and rear fascia for, new grill design with hexagonal shape and addition of LED head and tail lights.
- There has been added some new active safety equipments (check features section)
- There were some complaints about noise inside cabin for 2016 model that is why for 2017 there is addition of soundproofing by updating door glass & seals.
- Interior of vehicle also upgraded as compare to previous model with lot of head and leg room for all front or rear seats passengers.
- One special upgrade in forester that you won’t find in other SUV’s is brake based vectoring system that is available in premium trim only.
- There is addition of eye sight in 2017 that make you safe by keeping eye on road and is optional for all trims except base model.
- In terms of fuel economy 2 miles per gallon efficiency has been increased with respect to previous year.
- Is it a comfortable vehicle that gives you quiet interior and sharp handling with good at corners.
- Top speed 0 to 60 in 6.3 seconds
- Engine: 2.5L Cyl DOHC 16V with VVT-inc: active valve control system (AVCS) variable valve timing
- Transmission: 6 speed manual-inc: incline start assist
- 4.44 axle ratio
- Full time all wheel drive
- Battery with run down protection
- Gas pressurized shock absorbers
- Front and rear anti roll bars
- Single stainless steel exhaust
- Permanent locking hubs
- 4 wheel anti lock braking system
- Brake assist
- Steel spare wheel
- Compact spare tire mounted inside under cargo
- Clear coat paint
- Express open/close sliding glass 1st and 2nd row sunroof with sunshade
- Body colored front bumper
- Body colored rear bumper with black rub strip/fascia accent
- Black body side cladding
- Black side window trim and black front windshield trim
- Body colored door handles
- Body colored power heated side mirrors with manual folding
- Fixed rear window with fixed interval wiper and defroster
- Deep tinted glass
- Variable intermittent wipers with heated wiper park
- Galvanized steel/aluminum panels
- Grille with chrome bar
- Lip spoiler
- Lift gate rear cargo access
- Tail gate/rear door lock included with power door locks
- Roof rack rails only
- Auto off aero-composite halogen day time running headlamps
- LED brake lights
- Front bucket seats-inc: 10 way power driver’s seat with power lumbar support and passenger front seat back pocket
- 4 way passenger seat-inc: manual recline and fore/aft movement
- 60-40 folding bench facing manual reclining fold forward seat back rear seat
- Manual tilt/telescopic steering column
- Gauges-inc: speedometer-odometer-tachometer-trip odometer and trip computer
- Power rear windows and fixed 2rd row windows
- Front cup holder
- Rear cup holder
- Valet function
- Remote keyless entry with integrated key transmitter-2 door curb/courtesy-illuminated entry-illuminated ignition switch and panic button
- Remote releases-inc: mechanical fuel
- Cruise control with steering wheel control
- HVAC-inc: under seat ducts
- Automatic air conditioning
- Locking air conditioning
- Driver foot rest
- Interior trim-inc: metal look instrument panel insert-metal look door panel insert-metal look console insert and metal look interior accents
- Full cloth headliner
- Cloth door trim insert
- Urethane gear shift knob
- Cloth upholstery
- Day-night rearview mirror
- Driver and passenger visor vanity mirrors with driver and passenger illumination-driver and passenger auxiliary mirror
- Full floor console with covered storage-mini overhead console with storage and 3 12V DC power outlets
- Front map lights
- Fade to off interior lighting
- Full carpet floor covering-inc: carpet front and rear floor mats
- Carpet floor trim
- Cargo area concealed storage
- Cargo space lights
- FOB controls-inc: trunk/hatch/tailgate
- Tracker system
- Instrument panel bin-driver/ passenger and rear door bins
- Power door locks
- Power 1st row windows with driver and passenger 1-touch up down
- System monitor
- Trip computer
- Outside temp gauge
- Digital/analog display
- Driver and passenger heated cushion-driver and passenger heated seatback
- Manual with tilt front head restraints and manual adjustable rear head restraints
- Front center armrest and rear center armrest
- Perimeter alarm
- Engine immobilizer
- 3 12V DC power outlets
- Air filtration
- Electronic stability control (ESC)
- ABS and driveline traction control
- Side impact beam
- Dual stage driver and passenger seat mounted side airbags
- Low tire pressure warning
- Dual stage driver and passenger front airbags
- Curtain occupancy sensor
- Driver knee airbag
- Rear child safety locks
- Outboard front lap and shoulder safety belts-inc: rear center 3 point-height adjusters and pretensioners
- Radio: Subaru star link 7.0 inch multimedia plus system-inc: AM/FM stereo HD radio with single-disc CD player with MP3/WMA/CRR/RW file capability-multi touch gesture high resolution display-7.0 inch LCD screen-voice activated controls-Bluetooth audio streaming connectivity-Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity-Bluetooth hands-free text messaging connectivity-iPod control capability-rear voice camera-siriusXM all access radio ( Subcription required) SiriusXM travel link (Subcription required)-smart phone integration-AHA-mirror link Pandora and siri eyes free-star link cloud application calendar-glympse- iHeart radio-music satellite and connect service antenna and Subaru star link connected service star link enrollment cannot be applicable to fleet management companies (FMCs) or to commercial fleet accounts at this time
- Radio with clock-speed compensated volume and steering wheel controls
- 2 LCD monitors in the front
Subaru Forester Walk around Video inc exterior, interior
[RICH_REVIEWS_SHOW category=”page” num=”5″]