Toyota Corolla 2019 US spec
Reliability with affordability are two words that comes to mind while hearing the name Toyota; Toyota Corolla since its debut in 1966 till 2019 has gone 11 generations and even more facelifts during this long legacy of 53 years. Currently Toyota Corolla 2019 is in its 11th gen which was launched in 2014. The 11th gen followed a facelift in year 2017 after which it has been going so till 2019, although Toyota has plans for newer model of Corolla in 2020, but we’ll see about that.
Toyota Corolla 2019 falls under the subcompact sedan category being one of most affordable yet reliable car in the market. Since it is a ‘Toyota’ it pretty much sells for being tough, rigid and easy to be maintained which is what a normal buyer desires in a daily driver. Anyways apart from being a Corolla it has some goodies to offer in as well.
Toyota Corolla stands out overall rating of 8.5/10 from various critics and automotive journalists. It stands somewhere at #10 in subcompact vehicle category. This has to with the sluggish performance since the other competitors in the league offer more power from the wheels as compared to the Toyota Corolla 2019. However in terms of overall ride quality, styling and comfort it gets the job done just fine enough like others, Although the Toyota Corolla 2019 is supposed to be a sedan, however in 2019 Toyota has also blessed the US market with European Spec Corolla in form of Hatchback. In other words the Toyota decided to give a touch of its European inventory in the States.
Good & Bad about Toyota Corolla 2019:
There is quite much the good and pros only when it comes to Toyota Corolla 2019, since you can’t complain much. The sedan model offers a room full of space for the passengers which are a great gesture in subcompact vehicle. The safety features standards in the Toyota Corolla 2019 are again remarkably good for a safe trip. In addition to these the Toyota Corolla offers super excellent mileage on the road as well. However the most key-worthy feature is the top-notch certified reliability that the name ‘Corolla’ under Toyota clearly indicates.
The downside of Toyota Corolla 2019 is a short list of features that are common in every such low-range affordable sedans. First one is the undersized cargo space in the trunk at the back of car. However with spacious room in the interior I think it’s fair enough to compromise. Next one on con list is lots of plastic embellishing the interior, making it a non-premium rather boring look. Last but not least is the sluggish throttle response with slow acceleration what makes the drive boring especially on the highways.
Engine & Performance:
As for the US market, the minimum engine offered is the 1.8L four-cylinder engine. This spins out 132 horses turning the wheels at 128 pound-feet of torque. Toyota Corolla 2019 comes with FWD (front-wheel-drive) drive train and a CVT transmission. Since the Hp numbers are low even for this league it makes the drive to snooze through it.
Toyota Corolla 2019 Trims:
There are total of six trims/configurations offered in Toyota Corolla 2019 namely L, LE, LE eco, SE, XSE and XLE.
L: L is the bargain version of Corolla which starts at $18,700. It has the standard 1.8L engine whereas the standard features include 15-in steel wheels, LED headlamps, tilt-and-scoop steering wheel, adaptive cruise control, height-adjusted captain’s seat, 6.1 in-touch screen with Bluetooth connectivity, six-speaker audio system and USB/CD port.
Safety features are forward collision warning, rear-view camera, automatic emergency braking, lane departure warning and pedestrian detection.
LE: Wheels updated to 16-icnhes keyless entry, metallic cabin accents, rear armrest, upgraded upholstery, variable intermittent vipers adds to the list of features in LE trim.
SE: The SE trim comes with the different engine as compared to all other trims offered in 2019 Corolla. The SE trim has all the LE features except that wheels are further upgraded to 17-inches, steering paddle sifter, sports front seats, leather wrapped steering wheel and a sunroof along with other list of features.
XSE: The XSE is the manual transmission version and comes with heated front-seats and SofTex upholstery. The XSE is the premium trim.
XLE: XLE is the premium package trim as well, it has all the options available in every trim offered.
Toyota Corolla 2019 is a good choice if you are a normal person who needs a daily ride. However it is a bit slower and less premium from the inside as compared to its competitors Mazda 3, Honda Civic and KIA forte. However it’s reliable and cheaper to maintain.
- Top speed 111 mph and 0 to 60 in 9.5 seconds
- Engine: 1.8L I-4 DOHC Dual VVT-I
- Transmission: 6 speed manual
- Front wheel drive
- 4.21 axle ratio
- 390CCA maintenance free battery with run down protection
- 80 amp alternator
- Gas pressurized shock absorbers
- Front and rear anti roll bars
- Single stainless steel exhaust with chrome tailpipe finisher
- 4-wheel anti lock braking system-brake assist and hill hold control
- Wheels: machined alloy-inc: black painted accents
- Steel spare wheel
- Compact spare tire mounted inside under cargo
- Clear coat paint
- Express open/close sliding and tilting glass 1st row sunroof with sunshade
- Body colored front bumper
- Body colored rear bumper
- Black side windows trim
- Body colored door handles
- Body colored power heated side mirrors with manual folding and turn signal indicator
- Fixed rear window with defroster
- Light tinted glass
- Variable intermittent wipers
- Fully galvanized steel panels
- Lip spoiler
- Black grille
- Trunk rear cargo access
- Fully automatic projector beam led low/high beam day time running auto high-beam headlamps with delay off
- Radio: entune audio plus with connected navigation-inc: entune multimedia bundle (7” high resolution touch screen display-AM/FM CD player-6 speakers auxiliary audio jack-USB 2.01 port with iPod connectivity and control-advanced voice recognition hands free phone capability-phone book access and music streaming via Bluetooth wireless technology
- Radio with seek scan-MP3 Player-clock-speed compensated volume control-steering wheel controls and radio data system
- Automatic equalized
- Integrated roof antenna
- 2 LCD monitors in the front
- Front sport bucket seats-inc: 6 way adjustable driver’s seat and 4 way adjustable front passenger seat
- 60-40 folding bench front facing fold forward seatback rear seat
- Manual tilt/telescoping steering column
- Gauges-inc: speedometer-odometer-engine coolant temp-tachometer-trip odometer and trip computer
- Power rear windows
- Selective service internet access
- Leather steering wheel
- Front cup holder
- Rear cup holder
- Remote releases-inc: mechanical cargo access and mechanical fuel
- Remote keyless entry with integrated key transmitter-illuminated entry and panic button
- Proximity key for doors and push button start
- Cruise control with steering wheel controls
- Distance pacing
- Automatic air conditioning
- HVAC-inc: under seat ducts
- Locking glove box
- Driver foot rest
- Interior trim-inc: metal look instrument panel insert-metal look door insert-metal look console insert and metal look interior accents
- Full cloth headliner
- Cloth door trim insert
- Urethane gear shift knob
- Fabric seat trim and sofTex-inc: sport fabric inserts
- Day night rearview mirror
- Driver and passenger visor vanity mirrors with driver and passenger illumination
- Full floor console with covered storage 1 12V DC power outlet
- Front map lights
- Fade to off interior lighting
- Full carpet floor covering
- Carpet floor trim and carpet trunk lid/rear cargo door trim
- Cargo space lights
- FOB controls-inc: trunk/hatch/tailgate
- Instrument panel covered bin-driver/passenger and rear door bins
- Power 1st row windows with driver 1 touch up/down
- Delayed accessory power
- Power door lock with auto lock feature
- Trip computer
- Outside temp gauge
- Analog display
- Manual adjustable front head restraints and manual adjustable rear head restraints
- Front center armrest with storage and rear center armrest
- Engine immobilizer
- 1 12V DC power outlets
- Air filtration
- Electronic stability control (ESC)
- ABS and driveline traction control
- Side impact beams
- Dual stage drive and passenger seat mounted airbags
- Pre-collision system (pcs) forward collision
- Lane departure alert (LDA) with steering assist lane keeping assist
- Lane departure alert (LDA) with steering assist departure warnig
- Low tire pressure warning
- Dual stage driver and passenger front airbags
- Curtain 1st and 2nd row airbags
- Airbag occupancy sensor
- Driver knee airbags and passenger cushion front airbag
- Rear child safety locks
- Outboard front lap and shoulder safety belts-inc: rear center 3 point-height adjusters and pretensioners
- Back up camera
[RICH_REVIEWS_SHOW category=”page” num=”5″]