Toyota Tacoma 2019- Top Compact Pickup Truck
Pickup truck and Toyota, two words that stand for toughness, rigidity and beefiness. While pickup truck will get you anywhere, Toyota badge on it will keep it going forever. We all know that Toyota’s are indestructible no matter how harsh the road is and how neglected you keep them. Therefore the very idea of pickup truck is satisfied when it comes to Toyota Tacoma 2019.
Toyota Tacoma is midsize compact SUV truck possessing all the characteristics from big boy trucks. Tacoma starts at $25,700 and goes up to $42,810. Toyota Tacoma delivers strong towing capacity and off-road ability combined with all the amenities and features you need for driving kids from school to camping in woods.
‘Toyota Tacoma will get you anywhere and everywhere’
What’s new for 2020 Toyota Tacoma?
We’ve got some little sneak peek for the upcoming 2020 models, however with no official news and confirmations, here are some features that will be added to current Tacoma.
- Apple CarPlay is standard now in Toyota Tacoma finally.
- Camera below the body enhances the off-road experience greatly.
- As a lot of people complained about uncomfortable driving seat position for taller persons, the driving seat is finally height adjustable in 2020.
Other than these the following features in current models will be carried to 2020 as well which include
- TRD Pro high-mounted ‘snorkel’ air intake available in TRD and above trims.
- TRD Pro trim has more off-roading equipment fitted to it as compared to previous years.
- All trims have USB charging ports.
Toyota Tacoma 2019 Trims:
Toyota Tacoma 2019 is offered in six different trims namely SR, SR5, TRD Sport, TRD off-road, Limited and TRD Pro. The base model is obviously SR then SR5 however the both come with 4-cylincder engine whereas the TRD sports and above come with the v6 engine. The cheapest trim of Tacoma costs $5000 more than the competition’s lowest trim but then the Tacoma also packs some additional options for the additional price. Please keep in mind that in there is limited package offered in every trim which means in order to have more specs you ultimately have to get a higher trim since you can’t just upgrade the options as you may please. Let’s look at the trim specs now.
Toyota Tacoma SR Trim:
Starting at $25,700 you get clothed seats, door locks, power windows, a 4.2-inches wide digital cluster screen and 6.1-inches infotainment touchscreen. For entertainment you get six-stereo speaker Bluetooth connectivity, USB charging port (3 in total) and Siri Eyes Free. The safety sense suite from Toyota comes standard in all trims.
The V6 engine is optional which costs $2,250 more whereas the only upgradation package available for SR trim is the convenience package that gets you remote keyless entry for additional $230.
Toyota Tacoma SR5 Trim:
The $27,475 will get you leather-wrapped steering wheel, remote keyless entry, fog lights, smartphone navigation & integration and satellite radio. Alloy wheels are also available in the list along with rear sliding glass window.
If you opt for Parking Sonar & Navigation Package, you’ll get reverse parking sensor, 7-inches touchscreen and navigation system.
Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport & TRD Off-Road:
TRD Sports and TRD Off-Road are the most liked and suitable trims to buy in Toyota Tacoma.
TRD Sports starts at $322,395 and the V6 engine is standard. Push start ignition. K7-inches screen with navigation, qi-compatible wireless charging and keyless entry are noteworthy features in TRD Sports.
TRD Off-road trim in Tacoma has a sticker price of $33,650. Interior wise it is the same as TRD Sports however the mechanical upgrades makes it more rigid on the off-road as the trim name indicates. Along with the above mentioned features the TRD Off-road in Tacoma has additions such as multi-terrain select system with crawl control, skid plates, traction control, electronic locking rear differential, off-road TRD suspension, all-terrain tyres on alloys, Bilstein shock-absorbers and active traction control.
Technology package ads blind-spot monitoring, rear parking sensors and traffic cross-alert. Premium package in Double cabin adds dual-zone automatic climate control, leather seats, heated front seats, monoroof, automatic headlamps, JBL premium 6-speaker stereo and built-in navigation. The Premium package costs about $3,700.
Rivals to Toyota Tacoma:
The Toyota Tacoma is rivals to Honda Ridgeline and Chevrolet Colorado mainly. Other names include Ford Ranger, GMC Canyon and Nissan Frontier.
Toyota Tacoma is the best when it comes to compact midsize trucks, indeed it’s the best deal in market.
- Top speed 113 mph and 0 to 60 in 7.7 seconds
- Engine: 3.5L Atkinson-Cycle V6-inc: VVT-iW wider intake and VVT-I exhaust
- Transmission: 6 speed automatic-inc: electronically controlled with intelligence
- Axle ratio: 3.91
- Electronic transfer case
- Part time four wheel drive
- Battery with run down protection
- Class IV towing with harness-hitch and trailer weay control
- 1175# maximum payload
- Gas pressurized shock absorbers
- Front anti roll bar
- Single stainless steel exhaust
- Auto locking hubs
- 4-wheel anti lock braking system-brake assist-hill descent control and hill hold control
- Brake actuated limited slip differential
- Wheels: machined alloy
- Regular composite box style
- Steel spare wheel
- Full size spare tire stored under body with crank down
- Clear coat paint with badging
- Body colored front bumper with 1 tow hook
- Step bumper with black rub strip/fascia accent
- Color keyed rear bumper
- Black side windows trim-black front windshield trim and black rear window trim
- Body colored door handles
- Body colored fender flares
- Body colored power side mirrors with manual folding and turn signal indicator
- Power rear window
- Deep tinted glass
- Variable intermittent wipers
- Fully galvanized steel panels
- Black grille with chrome surround
- Tailgate rear cargo access
- Tailgate/rear door lock included with power door locks
- Integrated storage
- Auto off projector beam halogen auto high beam headlamps
- LED Brake lights
- LED day time running lamps
- Wide angle front fog lamps-inc: driving lamps
- Radio: entune premium with AM/FM/CD/NAV/App suite-inc: 6 speakers-7’ high resolution touch screen display with split screen-auxiliary audio jack-USB 2.0 port-iPod connectivity and control-siri eyes fee-advanced voice recognition-Bluetooth hands-free phone capability-Phone access and music streaming-cache radio-HD predictive traffic and Doppler weather overlay
- Radio with seek scan-clock-speed-compensated volume control and steering wheel controls
- Integrated roof antenna
- 2 LCD monitors in the front
- Front bucket seats-inc: 4-way adjustable front seats with driver lumbar support
- 60-40 folding split bench front facing flip forward cushion/seatback rear seat
- Manual tilt/telescoping steering column
- Gauges-inc: speedometer-odometer-engine coolant temp-tachometer-trip odometer and trip computer
- Power rear windows
- Entune selective service internet access
- Leather/metal look steering wheel
- Front cup holder
- Rear cup holder
- Remote keyless entry with integrated key transmitter-illuminated entry-illuminated ignition switch and panic button
- Smart key with push button start
- Cruise control with steering wheel controls
- Distance pacing
- Manual air conditioning
- HVAC-inc: under seat ducts
- Locking glove box
- Driver foot rest
- Interior trim-inc: metal look door panel insert-metal look console insert-chrome and metal look interior accents
- Full cloth headliner
- Leather/metal look gear shift knob
- Day night auto dimming rear view mirror
- Full floor console with covered storage-mini overhead console with storage and 2 12V DC power outlets
- Front map lights
- Fade to off interior lighting
- Full carpet floor covering
- Instrument panel bin-interior concealed storage-driver/passenger and rear door bins and 2nd row under seat storage
- Power 1st row windows with driver 1-touch down
- Delayed accessory power
- Power door locks
- 120V/400W Deck mounted ac power
- Trip computer
- Outside temp gauge
- Analog display
- Seats with cloth back material
- Front center armrest
- Manual anti whiplash adjustable front head restraints and manual adjustable rear head restraints
- Perimeter alarm
- Engine immobilizer
- 2 12V DC power outlets
- Air filtration
- Electronic stability control (ESC)
- ABS and driveline traction control
- Side impact beams
- Dual stage driver and passenger seat mounted side airbags
- Pre-Collision system (pcs) forward collision
- Lane departure alert (LDA)
- Lane departure alert (LDA) lane departure warning
- Low tire pressure warning
- Curtain 1st and 2nd row airbags
- Airbag occupancy sensor
- Driver and passenger knee airbag
- Dual stage driver and passenger front airbags
- Rear child safety locks
- Outboard front lap and shoulder safety belts-inc: rear center 3 point-height adjusters and pretensioners
[RICH_REVIEWS_SHOW category=”page” num=”5″]