Same Procedure will be for all Cities of Pakistan;
Driving without Driving license can create so many issues for you, Not just the Challan but in case of accident you will be considered guilty no matter if the mistake was not yours and moreover in accident that become the reason of someone’s death you will not be given any opportunity to submit your case in front of judges and even if you submit you will not get bale or forgiveness because the you don’t have Driving license. So this is the importance of Driving license if how much license is important for you and your life.
If you are a driver and really good at driving the cars than it will not be difficult for you to get driving license but if you feel that you cannot clear the test than its better to wait and get more command over driving.
Applying for and getting driving license is a step by step procedure and foremost among all of these is getting learning license because without learning you will not able to get full driving license. In the Pakistan now rules have been changed “You can only apply and get the driving license from the district you belong or the present address mentioned on your national identity card.”
Office timing and Days of License centers:
After finding the nearest driving license center office to your location try to reach their early in the morning not later than 7:30 am as the timing of offices is 8:30a but it’s better to reach early to secure and get early position in the line. Selecting nearest center is also important because some time, officers sitting there reject by saying that you license will be made from the center that is near to your home, as there is no such rule (But nothing can be done we all know, that is why it’s better to select nearest License center)
Required Documents for Learning Driving License:
- Original CNIC Not Expire (without this you will not even able to apply for)
- Photocopy of CNIC (it is important as well because early in the morning photocopy shops usually not open)
- 60 RS tickets (Better to get form nearest post office one day earlier, as most of the time ticket seller comes late)
- 60 RS ticket for Bike
- 60 RS ticket for Car
- 60 RS ticket for LTV
For one type of vehicle its price is 60 RS the number of Category increase means 60 RS tickets increase.
Opening days of Driving License Centers:
Monday – Saturday (Sunday will be off)
Reaching early Means you will get free early as well, 7:30 am means about 9:30 am- 10 am you will be get free.
Congrats! your first step is clear, your learning is complete now the next step is to applying for fresh full driving license but for that you will have to “wait for 42 days”, it is the condition/rule so nothing can be done other than wait.
Step 2: Applying for Fresh Driving License:
After completion of 42 days you are now eligible for full driving license but for that you will also need to clear the test (Driving Test).
Reaching early is again still important that is why try to reach as early as possible not later than 7:15 am, because early you get their earlier will be your position and turn.
Documents required for Fresh Full Driving License:
- Original CNIC (Not Expire)
- Copy of CNIC attested (Better to get with you – this early in the morning you will not get the shop)
- Learning Driving License (Original and Copy)
- 3 Photos attested
- 100 Rupees Challan (Submitted in HBL in favor of CTO: CTO Account No: confirm by yourself for your city )
- File (it’s better to get file one day before the test and complete it, file will be free of cost from driving centers (only from where test conducted)
- 1000 Rupees Tickets (it’s better to get with you from your nearest Post office because at driving center staff usually reaches late)
- 200 Rupees ticket will be used before and if you clear the driving and signal test than 750 Rupees ticket will be used. (Tickets not get vain for whole year that is why no issue in purchasing earlier)
- 180 Rupees for TCS (in case you clear the driving and Signal test)
- If you are here for LTV or HTV than Medical certificate Attested by DMO certified Doctor is compulsory (you can only apply for HTV if you have certain experience about 8-10 years of LTV)
Now after submission of file wait for your first test
1st Test: will be of traffic sings, Most of the people get fail in this so prepare well before going for it because fail in any test means wait for another 42 days.
If you clear your 1st test than reach the ground for driving test and wait until they call your name.
You can also use your own vehicle for driving test and for doing so you will just need to ask the test conductor to give you permission. It is better to get your own car if you have less experience of driving because the cars they use to conduct test are usually old with full of issues, and you will not feel comfortable and chances of failing the test will be higher. Driving test is not difficult if you are a good driver, after clearing your test you file will be submitted by your hands at the same place where you were submitted your file first with 180 RS TCS charges and 750 Rupees Ticket pasted on it.
Congrats! Now wait for driving license that will reach to your house within a week.
- Remember Mention the right address on the form where you have already receiving your posts.
- The car mostly used for test is Suzuki Cultus
Test Conducting Centers in Lahore are:
- Manawa Police Lines
- Arfa Karim Tower
- Raiwand Driving center
For other centers of different cities here are the details: Driving Centers in Pakistan (Contact details are also available there.)
You can only apply for HTV if you have certain experience of LTV and has Waited for the years Assigned by authority.
Age Limit for LTV (Rickshaw, Taxi, Tractor Commercial) 21 years
As per DLIMS Required Documents:
“Source: Required Documents for Permanent License
- Application Form (A) within FileCover
- Original Learner Permit of at least 6 weeks.
- Medical Certificate
- 3 Passport size fresh Photo Graphs (Attested)
- An Attested Copy of C.N.I.C.
- Paste a Ticket of Mentioned Fee on License Document.
Required Documents for International License
- Required International Application Form within FileCover
- An attested copy of C.N.I.C.
- A copy of Valid Driving License issued from Lahore.
- A copy of Pakistani Passport valid for at least 6 Months with Visa.
- 2 attested photo graph (Passport Size)
- 66 Court Fee Ticket.
- 450 BankChallan Fee.
Note: Applicant will bring his original C.N.I.C, Driving License and Passport with him.
Required Documents for Duplicate License
- Required Duplicate Application Form within FileCover
- An attested copy of C.N.I.C.
- 2 Attested fresh Photographs (Passport size).
- Report from Computer section for Computerized License or A certificate issued by relevant Post Office which expresses the expiry date of license.
- FIR (Lost License report) of the Police Station.
- Tickets will be pasted according to the schedule.
Duplicate Fee! According to the Category
- Motor Cycle 100 Rs.
- Car, LTV 150 Rs.
- HTV 200 Rs.
Required Documents for Endorsement of a License
- Endorsement Form
- A Copy of Medical Certificate.
- A Copy of N.I.C.
- 2 Attested Fresh Photographs.
- Original Learner Permit of atleast Six Weeks.
- Driving Tickets According to Schedule.
- 1st license will be attached.
- For Further Detail Please Contact Traffic Police Inquiry Office.
Required Documents for Renewal of License
- Required Application Form E within FileCover
- 2 Photo Graph Passport Size
- A copy of NIC
- Original Driving License
- Medical Report
- A Ticket of relevant License
Renewal Fee! According to the Category
- Motor Cycle, Rickshaw 500 Rs.
- Car, LTV (PSV), Tractor Commercial 750 Rs.
- HTV (PSV) 1000 Rs.
Note: License is renewed for five years
Great share! This post is very useful.
Hey I had applied for driving license and took the test but unfortunately I failed. They sent me home and I don’t have any documentation with me now. My file was in the hands of the warden last. Now it has been 42 days and I want to reappear. Please tell me do i have to make my file again or the same file will be used?
No, You will not have to make your file again, you will provide your information and they will search your file and provide you on your test day.
I failed my first attempt in driving test. Tomorrow I will go for the second attempt. I just wanna ask that is it necessary to visit the same licensing center for the second attempt or I can visit any licensing center because I don’t have my file.
You will need to re-attempt the same after given time by the center.
that is probably after 42 days.