It’s been more than 5 years for KIA soul to be in market with its first generation, now the 2nd generation of KIA Soul is ready to enter the Market. During LA Auto Show 2018 Company Displayed the Next Generation with improved driving range that is expected to give 301 miles on a single charge with respect to WLTP Cycle while the current KIA Soul EV gives the estimated range of 111 miles with 30 kwh battery.
KIA 2020 EV Soul has given 201 horse power and 291 lbft of torque but with 64 kwh battery pack estimated EPA are not being announced yet, these details will announced later kin 2019 but again the expectations are 260 Miles on single charge w.r.t EPA.
Complete Press Release and Details about KIA soul 2010:
- All new 2020 KIA Soul EVi combines Soul-Ful vibe with All Electric Buzz, super Cool and Electric too;
- Next generation uber-popular urban run about again available with battery only power
- Powered by a state of art liquid cooled lithium ion polymer 64 kWh battery
- Combined Charging System (CCS) DC fast charge is standard equipmentii
- 201 Horsepower electric motor with 291 lbft of torque
LOS ANGELES, November 28, 2018-
Today KIA motors America (KMA) introduced the 2020 Soul, a completely new version of Kia’s beloved, award-winning and unconventional compact utility vehicle. In conjunction with that world-debut, the all-electric, battery-powered soul EV was unveiled. Just as quirky, fun loving and crowd pleasing, the Soul EV provides the opportunity for lovers of the Soul to drive without ever stopping for gas.
A Much Better Battery:
The new Soul EV has a new state of the art liquid cooled lithium ion polymer 64 kWh battery which is expected to mean much less need for daily charging, and with combined charging system (CCS) DC fast-chargeiii as standard equipment, battery refills should be brief so road trip fun can happily continue after only a short break.
The new battery is currently being tested to ascertain precise EPA estimated range. Results are expected early in 2019 and will be announced at a later date.
Driving Dynamics – The Soul EV is more fun Than Ever:
The Soul EV has always provided a bit of magic carpet ride, whisking along silently with seemingly effortless pull. Now, with 201 horse power and 291 lbft of torque (way up from 210 lbft in the outgoing model), drivers will feel like a virtual Aladdin. Handling and driving dynamics are also much improved, thanks to the addition of independent rear suspension. The new Soul EV also provides plenty of tools for drivers to customize their driving experience and their battery usage, including:
- Four drive modes – Eco, comfort, sport and Eco+ – that automatically adjust power output to the traction motor, regenerative braking, air conditioning and heating settings, and set speed limits to help manage operating efficiency depending on driving conditions.
- Smart Regenerative braking operated via paddle shifters provides drivers the ability to slow the car and capture kinetic energy, adding extra range. Drivers can choose from four regenerative braking levels (0-3) depending on desired driving smoothness, enjoyment and efficiency.
- Brake and Hold system feature allows regenerative paddle shifter to bring the car to a full stop
- Smart Regenerative system adjust the regenerative braking level based on a vehicle being detected in from of the Soul EV and creates smoother coast down driving, especially when descending a steep road.
- Smart Eco pedal Guide display on the instrument Cluster keeps the driver aware of real time battery usage based on accelerator pedal input.
Technology Befitting a Thoroughly Modern Vehicle:
The Soul EV comes equipped with a long list of state of art features to help enhance safety, improve the driving experience and provides ease of operation and ownership. Kia engineers and designers have thought of everything, Every Soul EV includes a suite of “Kia Drive Wise” Advance Driver-assistance system, and a long list of standard and optional equipment, highlights of which are listed Below.
- High tech Rotary shifter (Shift by wire)
- 10.25 inch color touch screen with rear view monitor and parking Guidance.
- 6 speaker audio system (AM/FM/SiriusXM) ix with USB input
- Steering wheel mounted audio controls
- Apple car play and Android auto
- Bluetooth wireless connectivity with voice recognition
- 7 Airbags (Dual front advanced air bags, dual front seat mounted side air bags, side curtain air bags with rollover sensor, driver’s side knee air bag)
Vehicle Safety system:
- Antilock braking
- Traction control
- Electronic Stability control
- Hill start assist control
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Pedestrian warning system
- Kia Drive wise Advanced Driver assistance System
- Forward collision warning
- Forward collision Avoidance Assist
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Keep Assist
- Driver Attention Warning
- Smart Cruise control with Stop & Go
- Blind spot Collision Warning
- Rear Cross Traffic Collision Warning
- Parking Distance Warning – Reverse only
New for Soul EV is revamped UVO telematics system that allows owners to monitor and control a long list of vehicle operatins, including;
- Notifications of battery and charging status
- Real time charging station update
- Scheduled charging
Panic notifications – the vehicle will send a notification to server if the panic alarm is triggered and the system dials 911 emergency services, provides the car position via GPS, and opens a live microphone so that emergency works can communicate with the vehicle occupants.
Send2Car points of interest (POI) and waypoints – owners will be able to plan a road trip with way points and send it to the vehicle’s navigation system.
Made in Korea and One Soul with a Whole Lot more:
Built at the Gwangju plant in Korea, the Soul EV is expected to go on sale next year, Pricing will be announced closer to the on sale date. Buyers can choose from two trims, the Soul EV and the Soul EV Designer collection.
Supporting its super fancy sounding name, the Designer Collection model gets all the Soul EV Goodies, plus a whole lot more including:
- Two tone paint: Gravity grey with a platinum Gold roof; Cherry black with an inferno red Roof – cheery black with an inferno red roof – and Neptune Blue with a cherry black Roof.
- Power folding gloss black heated power adjustable outside mirrors with signal repeater
- 10 speaker Harman/Kardon premium audio with external amplifier
- Wireless phone charger
- Leather Wrapped steering wheel
- Heated front seats with Sofino Premium non animal seating upholstery
- Auto Dimming rear view Mirror