2024 BMW G 310 GS
- Sold Worldwide = 2016-Present
- Engine Technology = water-cooled single-cylinder engine (Euro-V)
2024 BMW G 310 GS Price in the USA
|BMW G 310 GS||5,890 $|
The BMW G 310 GS is a small-capacity adventure motorcycle produced by the German manufacturer BMW Motors. It’s part of the G 310 series, which also includes the G 310 R (a naked street bike). The G 310 GS is an entry-level adventure motorcycle, suitable for riders looking to explore a variety of terrains, from city streets to light off-road trails. The BMW G 310 GS shares attractive features like bright LED headlights and a safety system called ABS with other bikes from BMW. It is a bit different when it comes to the screen that shows you important stuff. Instead of a fancy display, it has a simple screen that gives you basic info. If you want extra features like different seats, a special box that can be attached to the bike, and warm grips for your hands, you’ll need to pay a bit more. This bike is meant for all sorts of adventures so these extras would be useful and worth the investment. The GS310 is a bit like other European bikes in its category, like what KTM makes, but it’s not as strong in terms of power. BMW made sure to use bright LED lights all over the bike.
Engine, Performance & Ride:
The BMW G 310 GS has a special kind of engine. It is a water cooled engine and comes in just one cylinder. This engine works in a four-step process and has four valves, which help it breathe. It also has two camshafts on the top and uses wet sump lubrication. It has a total capacity of 313 cubic centimeters, which tells us how much power it can make. This engine can produce about 34 horsepower when it’s running at 9,250 rotations per minute. The BMW G 310 GS offers a 6-speed constant mesh transmission. This means it has six different gears that the rider can shift through to control the speed and power of the bike. The BMW G 310 GS has a top speed up to 143 km/h (89 mph). The top speed may vary depending on factors like rider weight, road conditions, and wind resistance. The BMW G 310 GS features a capable suspension system to handle various terrains, making it suitable for city commuting and light off-road adventures. The front suspension consists of a 41mm upside-down telescopic fork. This type of fork design helps with stability and control, especially when navigating uneven surfaces or off-road trails. The G 310 GS rear has a mono-shock suspension. This single shock absorber setup provides a good balance between comfort and handling performance. The BMW G 310 GS has a braking system that provides reliable stopping power. The front brake of the G 310 GS features a single-disc brake. This type of setup is common for motorcycles in its class and provides effective braking performance. The G 310 GS rear has another single-disc brake, contributing to balanced braking performance. The G 310 GS has an ABS (Anti-lock Braking System). ABS helps prevent wheel lock-up during hard braking, which can be crucial for maintaining control and stability, especially in an emergency. The G 310 GS has a lightweight frame and components. This, combined with a well-balanced weight distribution, makes it easy to maneuver, especially in city traffic and winding roads. Its compact size and responsive steering make it nimble and quick to react to rider input. This allows for confident handling in a variety of riding situations. The G 310 GS features an upright and relaxed riding position. This enhances rider comfort on long journeys and provides better control and visibility, especially when navigating traffic or off-road trails.
The BMW G 310 GS is good at using fuel efficiently. People who ride it usually get about 55 to 65 miles on one gallon of gas, which is like 23 to 27 kilometers on one liter of gasoline.
Exterior Design & Build Quality:
The exterior design of the BMW G 310 GS combines elements of adventure and urban styling, creating a versatile and distinctive look. The G 310 GS features a rugged and adventurous appearance, with design cues borrowed from larger GS models in BMW’s lineup. It has a purposeful look that suggests it’s ready for off-road excursion. The signature element of GS series bikes is the beak-like front fender. This design element adds to the bike’s aesthetic and serves a functional purpose in diverting airflow and debris away from the rider. The bike has a relatively narrow and tall profile, contributing to its maneuverability, and provides an upright riding position for better visibility. The G 310 GS has a small windscreen to help deflect wind away from the rider at higher speed. The bike features LED headlights, tail lights, and turn signals. This enhances visibility and gives the bike a modern and distinctive lighting signature. The exposed tubular steel frame adds to the rugged aesthetic while providing structural support and rigidity. The spoked wheels offer durability and strength, making them suitable for different terrains. The BMW G 310 GS is known for its solid build quality, reflecting BMW’s reputation for producing well-engineered motorcycles. The bike uses high-quality materials, including durable metals and sturdy plastics. This contributes to the overall robustness and longevity of the motorcycle. The bike offers a good amount of ground clearance for off-road capability and allows the motorbike to navigate over obstacles without getting stuck.
Riders often appreciate the bike’s versatility. Many find the upright riding position comfortable for long journeys, providing good visibility and reducing strain. Users often mention that the G 310 GS offers good fuel efficiency, making it an economical choice for daily commuting and longer trips. Users are satisfied with the overall build quality, noting that it feels sturdy and well-constructed. Few riders feel the bike could have more power, especially for highway cruising or demanding off-road conditions. The seat is generally considered comfortable, but a few riders suggest that it may not be ideal for extended periods and recommend aftermarket options.
Pros & Cons:
- Versatility: The bike is suitable for various terrains, from city streets to light off-road trails, making it versatile for different types of riders and adventures.
- LED Lights: It features bright LED headlights and other LED lighting components, enhancing visibility and safety.
- ABS: The bike has an Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), which helps prevent wheel lock-up during hard braking, improving control and stability.
- Suspension System: It comes with a capable suspension system, including an upside-down telescopic fork at the front and a mono-shock suspension at the rear, providing stability and comfort on different surfaces.
- Lightweight and Maneuverable: The bike’s lightweight frame and balanced weight distribution make it easy to maneuver in various riding situations, such as city traffic and winding roads.
- Upright Riding Position: The upright and relaxed riding position enhances rider comfort on long journeys and provides better control and visibility.
- Build Quality: The bike is known for its solid build quality, using high-quality materials that contribute to its durability.
- Fuel Efficiency: Many riders appreciate its good fuel efficiency, making it cost-effective for daily commuting and longer trips.
- Limited Power: Some riders feel that the bike lacks power, especially for highway cruising or demanding off-road conditions.
- Basic Display: It has a simple screen that provides basic information, which may not satisfy riders looking for more advanced features.
- Additional Costs for Extras: To get additional features like different seats, luggage boxes, and heated grips, riders need to pay extra, increasing the overall cost of ownership.
- Seat Comfort for Extended Periods: While generally comfortable, a few riders suggest that the seat may not be ideal for extended rides and recommend aftermarket options.
- Top Speed Variation: The top speed may vary depending on factors like rider weight, road conditions, and wind resistance, which could affect highway performance.
The BMW G 310 GS is a versatile and well-built adventure motorcycle suitable for various terrains. It has a solid engine with decent power, a comfortable and upright riding position, and good fuel efficiency, making it great for everyday commuting and longer journeys. The bike’s build quality is impressive, reflecting BMW’s reputation for durability. However, it could use more power for highway riding and demanding off-road conditions, and some riders may prefer aftermarket seats for extended comfort. Overall, it offers a capable and reliable option for riders looking for a versatile adventure bike.
- KTM 390 Adventure: Manufactured by KTM, this adventure bike is known for its performance, agility, and off-road prowess.
- Honda CRF300L: Honda’s CRF300L is a lightweight and capable adventure bike designed for both on and off-road riding.
- Suzuki V-Strom 250: Suzuki’s V-Strom 250 is a smaller adventure bike offering comfort and practicality for both city and adventure touring.
- Kawasaki Versys-X 300: Kawasaki’s Versys-X 300 is a compact adventure bike known for its reliability and versatility.
- Yamaha Tenere 700: Yamaha’s Tenere 700 is a popular adventure bike with a focus on off-road capabilities and long-distance touring.
- Honda CB300R: This is another small bike from Honda. It’s stylish and sporty, like the Versys-X 300.
- KTM 390 Adventure: KTM, a famous off-road brand, offers the 390 Adventure. It’s more powerful and geared towards serious off-road riding.
- Yamaha Tracer 300: Yamaha has the Tracer 300, which competes in the same class, offering versatility and comfort.