2023 Kia Stonic
- Sold in Pakistan = 2022-Present
- 1st Generation
- KIA official Dealers’ Contacts
2023 Kia Stonic Price in Pakistan
Price Effective From 06-Sep-2023
|Kia Stonic EX||5,350,000 PKR|
|Kia Stonic EX+||6,280,000 PKR|
Kia Stonic, as the name tells, is the Speedy and tonic car introduced by Kia Motors. It was unveiled on 20th June 2017 as a subcompact crossover SUV, and it is known as Kia KX1 in China. It is built on the Hyundai-Kia GB platform and is a front-engine, front-wheel-drive SUV that offers various engine options. Unfortunately, the Kia Stonic was discontinued from the South Korean automobile markets in 2020 due to poor sales. Kia Motors bring Kia Stonic to Pakistan in collaboration with Lucky Motors. Kia Motors Pakistan imported three Kia Stonics in Pakistan to do several road tests on it to be locally assembled here and it’s been launched after thorough testing. SUVs have become quite popular in Pakistan, as the people have welcomed the SUVs with a big heart, so the company is expecting to give good competition to all the existing SUVs here. The Kia Stonic launched in 2022. Kia is also planning to launch four other cars in the coming years, the includes Kia Rio, Kia Cerato, Kia NIRO, and Kia Stinger.
Trims & Variants in Pakistan:
In Pakistan, Kia Stonic has been launched in two variants EX and EX+ among which the EX+ is the higher variant that has many extra features. The Major Difference between the variants is given below:
|LED Headlamps & Tail Lights||Bi Projection Halogen Headlamps & Taillights|
|Sunroof & Roof Rack||Not Present|
|16 in Alloy wheels||15-inch Alloy wheels|
|4.2-inch TFT Instrument||3.5-inch TFT instrument|
|Grey two-tone with Yellow interior + Artificial leather seats||Black single-tone interior + High-grade fabric seats|
|Front rear Parking sensors + Rear Camera||No Present|
Engine, Power & Transmission Pakistan:
Both Variants of the Kia Stonic are available with four different engine options;
- 1.4 liters MPi engine that generates 98 horsepower with 133 nm of torque and the engine is mated with six-speed automatic transmission in both variants.
- 1.2 MPI Petrol Engine Generates 82 Horsepower @ 6000rpm with Maximum Torque of 12.4/4,000 Mated with 5-speed Manual Transmission.
- 1.0 T-GDi Diesel Engine Generates 118 HP @ 6000rpm with Maximum Torque of 17.5/1,500~4,000 Mated with 6 Speed Automatic Transmission.
- 1.6 CRDi Diesel Engine Generates 108HP @ 4000rpm with Maximum Torque of 26.5/1,500~2,750 Mated with 6 speed Manual Transmission.
Performance & Drive:
All engines of Kia Stonic deliver efficient performance. Still, if we specifically talk about the 1,4 liters dual CVVT engine, it gives you high performance and efficiency, mated with 6-speed automatic transmission. The 1.0 liters turbocharged engine is the real star no doubt as it spools up quickly and delivers fuel economy similar to a diesel-powered engine. On the whole, Kia Stonic offers a firm suspension that allows you to turn the vehicle around curves and corners with minimum body roll. You may feel a bit of nibbling on the wheels while turning, but it doesn’t affect the quality of the ride. The steering is light-weighted, and the car doesn’t seem nervous, so you can enjoy comfortable handling to give you a comfortable ride. Although it is an SUV, it is not available in the all-wheel-drive feature. The acceleration of the Kia Stonic is remarkable, and its 1.0 liters petrol-powered engine takes 10.4 seconds to sprint from 0 to 60 miles per hour while the 1.4 liters engine car takes 12.2 seconds to accelerate from 0 to 60 miles per hour. The Kia Stonic has a responsive engine, and it settles down at cruising speed in 2nd or 3rd gears. The transmission is smooth, and the gearbox is speedy, requiring less effort from the drivers. The diesel engine is quite economical, and it requires more pulling power than the standard petrol engines. The diesel engine takes 10.5 seconds to accelerate from 0 to 60 miles per hour. It offers you great practicality and can be used for everyday tasks or even for small off-road adventures. Still, the off-road driving ability of the Kia Stonic is not much exceptional as other SUVs.
Exterior Design & Features:
Kia Stonic has an attractive exterior body with an eye-catching tiger-nose grille on the front and sleek projector-type halogen headlamps. The LED daytime running lights assist in driving in all conditions, and the rear end has a traditional SUV style. The rear combination lamps look equally beautiful, and the tailgate is power-controlled. The crossover styling is displayed with an increased height, and the roof rails are seen on its exterior. Kia logos are stamped on the front and rear end of the car, imposing a bold stance, while the sportiness of Stonic is enhanced with its 16-inches alloy wheels.
Interior Design & Features:
The inside of the Kia Stonic gives you both comfort and style. It offers two rows of seats with leather upholstery and provides a seating capacity of five adults. The rear seats are folded easily to increase the space in the cabin for transporting goods or luggage. The steering wheel is multi-functional, so its features are just one button away from the driver, increasing his convenience. It has a 3.5 inches TFT LCD multi-functional screen that works as an instrument panel and assists the drivers by giving them basic vehicle information. You are also given a USB port and a 12V socket for charging your mobile phones. Single-zone automatic climate control feature controls the temperature inside the cabin in comfortable ranges. There is an 8-inch touchscreen display mounted on the dashboard that gives you infotainment and is compatible with Android Auto and Apple Car play interface. A total of six speakers are offered inside the cabin which offers you good quality sound, and the Smart Entry and Push-Start Button further ease you in starting the car.
Safety & Features:
As the Safety ratings of the Kia Stonic are not much appreciated and have received only 3-star ratings by Euro NCAP (New Car Assessment Program) but provide various safety features. Some of them are as follows:
- 6 Airbags
- Hill Start Assist Control
- Electronic Stability Control
- Rear Camera (EX+)
- Forward Collision Warning alarm (EX+)
- Anti-Lock Braking System
- 5 Seat Belts
Pros & Cons:
- Variety of Engine Options: The Kia Stonic offers a range of engine options, allowing customers to choose based on their preference for power and fuel efficiency.
- Attractive Exterior Design: The car features an eye-catching design with a distinctive tiger-nose grille and sleek headlamps, making it visually appealing.
- Interior Comfort: The interior provides comfort and style with leather upholstery, multi-functional steering wheel, and ample space for passengers and cargo.
- Infotainment System: It comes equipped with an 8-inch touchscreen display that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, enhancing connectivity and entertainment options.
- Fuel Efficiency: Some engine options, such as the 1.0 T-GDi, offer good fuel economy, making it cost-effective to drive.
- Firm Suspension and Handling: The Kia Stonic offers firm suspension and responsive handling, making it suitable for cornering and providing a comfortable ride.
- Variants and Features: Customers have a choice between different variants, with higher trims offering additional features like LED lights, a sunroof, parking sensors, and more.
- Limited Off-Road Capability: While it’s an SUV, the Kia Stonic’s off-road capabilities are not exceptional compared to some other SUVs, limiting its use for rugged terrain.
- No All-Wheel Drive: The absence of all-wheel drive may be a drawback for those seeking enhanced traction and off-road capabilities.
- Discontinuation in Some Markets: The Kia Stonic faced poor sales in some markets, leading to discontinuation, which may raise concerns about long-term support and resale value.
- Limited Availability: The availability of the Kia Stonic may be limited in some regions, affecting the accessibility of the vehicle.
- Smaller Interior: While it offers comfort, the interior might feel somewhat compact for passengers, especially in the rear seats.
- Mixed Engine Performance: While some engine options offer good performance and efficiency, others may not be as impressive in terms of power and acceleration.
- Lack of Advanced Safety Features: The review does not mention advanced safety features like adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, or autonomous emergency braking, which are becoming increasingly common in modern vehicles.